Phew … hey y’all! Boy, am I happy to be sitting back down in front of a computer! I didn’t realize how much I missed it. Let’s all cross our fingers that nothing else goes awry and I can continue writing because I do enjoy it immensely. While I was trying to figure out how to get my new machine up and running (you’d never know I used to teach computers at the high school level haha), I was nominated for the Sunshine Award on Twitter!! It’s an award for bloggers, by bloggers who are a positive and inspiring presence in the community, and who spread a little sunshine. It felt pretty good for other people to see that about me, to be honest.
The rules for this award are:
1) Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in your blog post and link back to their blog.
2) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
I was nominated by Becoming Elysia. You can check her blog out here! Good stuff! Alrighty, y’all, let’s jump on into these questions!
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
Hmm, I’ve always wanted to be a writer, as far back as I can remember. I also really like makeup. I thought I could blend the two, plus offer some information about autoimmune/chronic diseases at the same time. So far, it seems to be working out pretty well!
2. Who is your hero?
I have two heroes and they are my grandparents. Their love and commitment to family are awe-inspiring. There is nothing they wouldn’t do for one of his own. Over the years, they have lost three of their five children, my mom being one of them, and their strength and grace during such times render me speechless. They have been married 67 years and they are who I have looked to as role models for my own marriage, and life in general.
3. If everything was legal for the day, what would you do? (ooh cheeky!)
I guess I’m pretty boring because I just can’t think of anything “illegal” that interests me hahaha
4. What skill would you like to master?
I would really like to learn to crochet. My arthritis makes it really tough sometimes, though.
5. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
I think everyone should confront a fear, especially if that fear interferes in their life somehow.
6. What city would you most like to live in and why?
No cities for this girl! I am 100% a country girl haha No traffic, no sirens, cleaner air, fewer people (this one’s a biggie for me) and lots of space. Now, if I could choose, I would choose either the Irish or Scottish countryside, or a sparsely populated island, perhaps, like one of the Scottish Isles.
7. What is something you can never seem to finish?
Can I say laundry? Haha aside from that one, something I can never seem to finish is The Silmarillion, by JRR Tolkien. He’s one of my favorite authors, and that book, for whatever reason, starts out pretty slow. It can’t hold my interest for more than twenty pages or so, and it drives me crazy!
8. What book impacted you the most?
There have been several. A Wrinkle in Time, The Hobbit and LOTR (I basically consider them one giant book), The Sword of Shannara, Brave New World, Tommyknockers, The Green Mile … I’m sure if I thought more than ten seconds, more would come to mind. These seem to have had the most impact, though.
9. What do you wish you could tell yourself 10 years ago? What do you think you’ll want to tell your current self 10 years from now?
Sigh … be nicer to your mom, without a doubt. We always butted heads over the dumbest things, and now she’s not here. I have a lot of regrets when it comes to her and our relationship. Ten years from now … the hard times have a purpose. Look for the lessons.
10. What’s the best way to start the day?
11. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
I guess California, about ten years ago. I’m a homebody and I know this is gonna be hard to understand for the travel bloggers, but I’d really rather stay home than travel. I do have a few spots on a travel bucket list, though.
Alrighty, those are my answers and these are the bloggers I choose:
Coffee Meets Polished
My Passion Projects
Life With Lizzie
No Light Without Darkness
Elegant Living Everyday
This Way and That Way
And now … drumroll, please … here are your questions:
1. If you could be any animal, which one, and why?
2. What is your favorite part about blogging?
3. Who inspires you? They can be living or dead, fictional or real.
4. What do you do to recharge yourself from the pressures of life?
5. If you could go anywhere, do anything, where would you go and what would you do?
6. What is the hardest part of blogging, in your opinion?
7. What’s your ultimate favorite food?
8. What’s your best piece of advice for life?
9. What’s your perfect Friday night?
10. How long have you been blogging?
11. And finally, the age-old question … Coke or Pepsi? 😉
I can’t wait to read all of your answers! If you don’t have time, or can’t get to it for one reason or another, that’s cool, too. I know how crazy life can be haha Thanks, bloggers, for the positivity in our community, thanks for the belly laughs and thanks for the times we’ve chatted!
Happy Monday, everyone!
© 2018 Look Good, Feel Good